Dec 30, 2022 – LNS Pillaayar Nombu was held in line with nagarathar tradition at Temple Hill Square, Dartford DA1 5HY from 5.30 PM to 10 PM. Around 240+ members gathered to get the blessings of Lord Vinayagar and it felt more like a big family get together rather than a formal event.
PILLAYAR NONBU EVENT MINUTES
Venue: Temple Hill Square, Dartford DA1 5HY
Date / Time: Friday 30th December 2022 / 5.30 PM to 10:00 PM
- The LNS Pillayar Nonbu was held (per Nagarathar tradition) at Temple Hill Hall, Dartford. Members started arriving from
5 pm onwards and the event lasted until 10.00 pm. The meeting was attended by nearly 240+ members in total, an amazing turnout.
- Achi’s and Teen girls were involved in decorating the floor with Nadu Veetu Kollam and preparing Pillayar idol with decorations. They all deserve a huge applause.
- Chettiars were involved in makingthe Elai and trained the teen boys for the same. LNS did appreciate all participating teen boys and Annan’s.
- Mr Nachiappan Subramanian welcomed the members for joining the Pillaiyar Nombu event & conducted the event.
- The event was initiated by lighting the kuthu vilakku by Mrs Seetha Thenappan Aachi, Mrs Geetha Karuppiah Achi , Mrs Jeya Senthil Achi ,Mrs.Mekala Achi and Mrs.Sumathi Radha Achi
- Prayer songs – Started with our little super singers: Aishwarya Kannamai Chidambaram,Sanjana Chinna Meyyappan and Anishwar Chellappan. Then followed by Mrs.Meenakshi Arun,Mrs.Abirami Kasiviswanathan,Mrs.ValliKannu Chockalingam & Mrs.Thenmozhi Senthilkumar
- Our president Mr Manikandan Ramanathan gave an update about the significance of becoming a LNS member. Also welcomed the new President of LNS 2023-24 Mr. Selva Muthalagappan & his team.
Congratulations to the new committee and we wish them all success:
- President Mr.Selva Muthalagappan
- Secretary Mrs.Deepa Nachiappan
- Treasurer Mr.Sendhil Thiagarajan
- Committee member Mrs.Annu Alagappan
- Committee member Mr.Chidambaram Ganesan
- Committee member Mr.Peri Vairavan
- Committee member Mr.Senthilnathan Ramakrishnan
- Webmaster Mr.Mani Ramanathan
- Recognizing the work done by other LNS committees for their continued effort, a memento was handed over to the following members by our trustee Mrs. Geetha Karuppiah & Mr. Karuppiah Thiyagarajan Annan
- Mr. Periyakaruppan Vairavan
- Mr. Karunamoorthy Karunanithi
- Mrs. Sujatha Sethuraman
- Mr. Senthilnathan Solayappan
Continuing the tradition of recognizing the previous committee to keep us engaged during hybrid Covid situation, previous committee members were handed over the memento.
- Mr Selvaganesan Ramanathan
- Mr Chellappan Palaniappan
- Mr Veerappan Annamalai
- Mrs Manjula Alagappan
- Mr Alagappan Palaniappan
- Mr Chinna Meiyappan Thirunavukkarasu
- Later, periya deepam was performed by Mr. Thenappan Annan.
- Following the prayer songs, the Elais’ were given by: Mr N. Raja Alagappan annan, Mr. Karuppaiah annan, Mr. Thenappan Annan helped by the volunteers.
- Homemade delicious dinner was served supplemented by additional food from the caterer. Thanks to all Achis and Annan who made the effort in preparing and bringing the food. There was a variety of food items (which included some traditional Nagarathar specialties such as vellai paniyaram, karupati paniayaram, vadai among others) that was a relish.
- After dinner, Yellam was conducted by Mr. Karuppiah Annan, Mr. Karunamoorthy, Mr. Raja Algappan Annan & Mr. Nachiappan Subramanian Annan (Thanks to all of them). This year our yellam raised an amount of £3471 (Three thousand Four hundred and seventy one pounds). Details of yellam items and winning contributions are as follows:
- Turmeric – Mrs.Jaya Senthil – £91
- Turmeric – Mr.Ganesh Kumar – £71
- Sugar Candy (Karkandu) – Mr.Senthil – £61
- Jaggery [ Vellam ] – Mr. Sriram – £201
- Dates -Mrs.Geetha Karuppiah – £81
- Lemon-Mrs.Usha Chellappan – £71
- Coconut – Mrs.Ramya Chellappan – £31
- Betal Leaves [Vettrilai ] – Mrs.Geetha Karuppiah – £61
- Salt – Mrs. Sivagami Muthiah – £201
- Boys Shirt-Mrs.Lakshmi Velappan – £21
- Girls Dress- Mrs.Saraswathi Annamalai – £11
- Silver Pillaiyar – Mrs.Uma Valliappan – £731
- Silver Kamatchi Amman Villakku – Mrs.Sindhu Senthil – £211
- Silver Kum Kum Chimil – Big – Mr.Senthil Thiagarajan – £151
- Silver Saavi Kothu – Mrs.Geetha Vijay – £281
- Silver Cow & calf – Mrs.Annu Meyyappan – £371
- Silver Thulasi madam – Mr. Kasi Viswanathan – £121
- Silver House – Mr. Manikandan ramanathan – £221
- Silver Kulam Vallum Pillai – Mr. Alagu Sundaram – £201
- Silver Kulam Vallum Pillai -Mr.Ram – £131
- Silver Kulam Vallum Pillai – Mrs.Usha Chellappan – £151
- The committee would like to thank all the members who helped raise money for charity through the yellam. Members who obtained the yellam items are requested to kindly make their payment by the end of February to the LNS account – with reference ‘XXXX yellam’ where XXXX is your membership ID e.g. L132 or Y155. Once payment has been made, please advise the LNS Treasurer on firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Sangam(normal) account details are:
Bank : HSBC
Sort Code : 40-06-21
Account No: 41561847
Account : London Nagarathar Sangam
- Vote of thanks was delivered by Mr. Chinna Meiyappan Thirunavukkarasu
- LNS Committee would like to sincerely thank: (apologies if we have missed anyone, it is unintentional)
- The achi’s (and chettiars) who prepared the delicious food in enough quantity
- Mrs Nachu Manikandan, Mrs Valliammai Vairavan and Mrs.Meena Ashok for effort in preparing the tasty ellai maavu.
- Thanks to Mrs.Ishvarya Annamalai’s parents & Mr. Chinna Meyyappan Thirunavukkarasu for purchasing the perfect silver items.
- We would like to thank Mr.Rama Sellappan, Mr.Raam and Mr. Chinna Meyyappan Thirunavukkarasu for bringing the Silver Elam items from India.
- Mrs. Seetha Thenappan, Mrs. Sharmila Mohan, Mr. Raja Alagappan Annan & Mrs. Sumathy Radha Achi for providing the required pooja items.
- Mr.Chidambaram Arunachalam in purchasing the rest of Elam items.
- Mr. Shanmuga Sundaram Subbiah for purchasing the supplementary food.
- All members who helped with the distribution of food (buffet style food display and managing Coffee, Tea, Snacks)
- Last but not the least, BIG thank you to all members who voluntarily helped to clean up the event hall, thank you _/\_
- Registration desk was handled by Mrs Ishvarya Annamalai, Mrs.Lakshmi Vellappan & Mrs.Karthika Chinna Meyyappan.
- Nice pictures were taken during the event to capture all moments. Thanks to Mr. Manikandan Thiyagarajan, Mr. Ashok Chellappan, Mr. Annamalai Annamalai & Master. Parthasarathy Muthiah
- Tamil daily calendars for 2023 were distributed to the members. Members who couldn’t attend the Pillayaar Nonbu event can contact the committee to collect the calendar later.
- Special thanks to our sponsors:
- Mrs Meena Manickam (UcRB) for the Calendars sponsorship
- Mrs Vasantha Shanmugam for the Flowers (Malligai)
- Photos Links:
- Our NEXT EVENT – Tamil New Year that will be celebrated on 15 April 2023, Saturday. Detailed email would follow soon. Please save the date.
Thank you all
LNS Committee 2022 / 2023