Minutes of Pillayar Nonbu Meeting 2021/22
LNS Pillayar Nonbu 2021/22 was successfully conducted on 11th December at London Sri Murugan temple, East Ham, London from 17.00-22.00. The event started as planned by 17.00. The Kollam was drawn by Jyothi Veerappan and Uma Valliappan achi.
The welcome speech was given by Chellappan Palaniappan, secretary of LNS committee 2021/22, he welcomed all the members who took effort in attending the Pillayar Nonbu in spite of bad weather conditions. Flower for the event was sponsored by Vasantha Achi. Registration desk handled by Mr. Veerappan Annamalai, Treasurer of LNS committee 2021/22.
The Kuthu vilakku was lighted by Vasantha Achi, Alamelu Achi, Annu Achi, Malathy Achi & Soornam Achi. Following the Kuthu vilakku illumination, the prayer song was beautifully sung by Baby Aishwarya Kanammai Chiddambaram and followed by Vinodhini Chidamabram Achi and Lakshmi Chidambaram Achi. They were joined by all members in the hall, as the prayer song was circulated through wats app.
Mr. Selvaganesan Ramanathan, President of LNS committee 2021/22 took over the stage and asked for volunteers to help in ellai preparation. The ellai preparation was started and we would like to thank all the volunteers for helping in preparing the Ellai. Around 06.30pm, ‘ellai eduthal’ started. We would like to thank Shamugam Annan and Narayanan Annan for taking the ellai and giving it to members. They were helped by two volunteers. All members took ellai and received the blessings of Lord Pillayar.
Following the ellai eduthal, the current committee felicitated the 2020/21 committee members for doing a good job by keeping us entertained during the COVID lockdown. Details & link as follows: https://www.facebook.com/Londonnagarathars/posts/10158217326145755
- Nachiappan Subramaniam honoured by Selvaganesan Ramanathan
- Chockalingam Natarajan honoured by Chellappan Palaniappan
- Kathric Alagappan honoured by Veerappan Annamalai
Yellam started. Raja Alagappan annan hosted the Yellam along with Karunamoorthy annan, Veerappan Annamalai annan and Selvaganesan Ramanathan annan. 16 items were auctioned and total of 4041£ collected. Yellam was conducted in a hybrid manner- both online and offline. Members
who were not able to attend the Pillayar Nonbu function attended the Yellam via Zoom. We would like to thank Mr Karthic Alagappan for helping and coordinating the online bids.
We would like to thank each one of you for taking part in Yellam.
The detail list of all Yellam, items and who bagged them are as follows:
|Turmeric||51 £||Raja Alagappan annan and family|
|Jaggery 1||51 £||Valliappan annan and family|
|Jaggery 2||61 £||Lakshmanan annan and family|
|Coconut||101 £||Manikandan Manickam annan and family|
|Lime||160 £||Dr Palaniappan annan and family|
|Salt||212£||Manikandan Manickam annan and family|
|Silver Lord Pillayar||421 £||Senthil Sollaiyappan annan and family (through online)|
|Silver Lamp 1||301 £||Mohan annan and family|
|Silver lamp 2||211 £||Vijay annan and family|
|Kunguma Chimil 1||191 £||Selvaganeshan annan and family|
|Kunguma Chimil 2||201 £||Narayanan annan and family|
|Tulasi Maadam||425 £||Chellappan annan and family (through online)|
|Komatha (Madu Kannu)||391 £||Lakshmanan Sevugan annan and family|
|Kulam Vaalum Pillai||465 £||Raja Alagappan annan and family|
|Gold Coin 1||401 £||Alagappan annan and family|
|Gold Coin 2||401 £||Senthi annan and family|
Following the Yellam, delicious meals were served by volunteers. We would like to thank everyone who took the time and effort in making the scrumptious feast and a special appreciation for generous quantity prepared. Food Chart Attached as a token of appreciation & remembrance for the amazing cooks. It was sure a Potluck food. We would also like to thank Murugan temple Management, Thennappan annan and Seetha achi for organizing Pongal and sambar for dinner from temple.
Meanwhile LNS 2022 Calendar in the design of Madurai Meenakshi Amman in a gold foil base with daily sheet calendar cake was issued to our LNS Members and some calendar been collected by many on their friends/members behalf. Thank you, Meena Thiagarajan Achi (UCRB), for sponsoring partially for the LNS 2022 Calendar.
We would like to thank the below people for their work behind the scenes to make this event a great success
- Thennappan annan and Seetha achi for getting special permissions from temple management to conduct yelams (as its generally not allowed).
- Chidambaram Ganesan for helping us on the day in organizing the hall by aliasing with the temple team. They allowed us to use their consumables, cleaning team etc. And also, been a helping hand in buying Yellam items like lime, coconut, jaggery & Turmeric.
- Mr. Dakshinamoorthy, Temple management secretary for providing full support on the day.
- Our committee members Alagappan Palaniappan parents for buying the silver item for yellam
- Karthick Annamalai for bringing the silver yellam item from India to UK.
- Our treasurer Veerappan’s parents for sponsoring Pillayar Nonbu Swamy Prasadam items and Thiri for illai.
- Our president Selvaganesan parents for travelling to Karaikudi to get elai mavvu.
- Our secretary Chellappan mother-in-law for organizing the calendar and arranging courier to get the calendar to UK.
- Photography – Sethuraman Murugappan and Chiddambaram Ganeshan to capture the event happenings.
We, the committee of 2021/22 have no words to thank all the members who attended and supported this event and changed it to a successful one.
We are looking forward for the next physical event, which is ‘Tamil New Year’ 2022, where new committee will be taking over. We would like to inform that Manikandan Ramanathan will be the President for 2022/23 committee, and he will be forming his own team and introduce during Tamil New Year 2022. More information about the Tamil New Year will be sent in due course.
Food Chart Link:
Many Thanks, Chellappan Palaniappan
LNS Secretary on behalf of LNS President, Treasurer & other members LNS committee 2021/22.